MENTOR STANDARDS AND GUIDELINES
Envision Lead Grow’s mentor program matches Girl Boss Mentors to small groups of Girl Bosses in accordance to interests, geographic location, and Envision Lead Grow cohort. These standards and guidelines are meant to help mentors avoid situations that might reflect unfavorably on themselves or the Envision Lead Grow organization. They do not cover every situation and do not replace a need to exercise prudent care and good judgment.
Mentors authorize the completion of required background checks to cover criminal history, driving records, personal interviews and other forms of screening as deemed appropriate.
Mentors are steadfast in their commitment to the standards and guidelines of Envision Lead Grow.
Mentors act in the best interest of the Envision Lead Grow organization and ensure confidentiality, taking care to protect against inadvertent disclosure.
Mentors value the diverse intellectual, economic, spiritual, and personal traits of their mentees.
Mentors commit to at least 1 hour per month to contact or meet with mentees, review assignments in ELG portal and submit written notes /reports with the staff of Envision Lead Grow on the mentees needs, goals and progress in the program.
Mentor’s Role and Responsibilities includes:
- Being supportive of the student’s business and their pursuit
- Inspiring the students to set and reach new academic heights and goals
- Providing opportunities for the students to develop valuable research skills
- Keeping their students “on-track”; the students should be held accountable for their time and quality of work and effort.
- Reporting to the program staff any needs /concerns regarding the students or portal
- Meeting program deadlines, guidelines for submitting surveys, evaluations, and completes all other challenges as required by the program